Multi-occupancy premises such as flats and apartments present a unique security challenge. An increased number of residents, key holders and points of entry make this type of building vulnerable to intruders, and the larger the premises, the more significant the risk factor.
One of the most efficient ways to deter criminals is to install a professional CCTV for flats and apartments. In most cases, this security protection alone is a sufficient deterrent. Thieves are far less likely to target a property where there is visible evidence of robust security provisions in place. As an established expert in CCTV security, Cerberus is on hand to protect your premises and mitigate security risks, no matter the size or scale of your property.
Benefits of CCTV systems for flats
CCTV security provides multiple benefits, as well as preventing criminal activity. These benefits include:
- Enhancing the confidence of residents and tenants.
- Protecting entrance and exit points.
- Monitoring stairwells and lifts.
- Overseeing car parks and alleyways.
- Surveillance of communal areas.
- Preventing thefts and intrusions.
- Recording movements for review.
- Detecting criminal activity.
Security surveillance can also enhance safety ratings, reduce insurance premiums, and increase the value of a premise.
Affordable CCTV Security for Large Properties
We know that no two premises are the same. We create bespoke CCTV solutions to provide surveillance that is suited to the specific security threats your property faces.
We offer a full spectrum of services, such as:
- Remote sensor placement.
- Fixed CCTV sensors.
- Live-recording equipment.
- Rotational and zoom cameras.
- Timed surveillance programmes.
- Infrared and night vision monitoring.
- High-quality imaging.
- Local or remote viewing.
You can read more about the CCTV options available here.
Surveillance never sleeps, so you can rest assured that your property remains protected under our watchful eye, day or night through our CCTV monitoring systems.
CCTV Security for Landlords
As the responsible owner of a multi-occupancy premise, your tenant’s safety and comfort are always at the forefront. Vulnerable residents and demographics are far more likely to feel comfortable in an apartment or flat where there is visible security surveillance.
Particular groups include elderly tenants and residents living alone who feel secure knowing they can review the identity of any visitor without allowing access to the property. Proper security provisions can improve the value of your property and increase demand for rental accommodation.
CCTV for Apartment Blocks and Communal Areas
Identifying the most vulnerable locations is key to choosing the right placement for your monitoring equipment. The flexibility of CCTV surveillance means that Cerberus can install systems that respond to your particular property layout, focusing on any areas of concern.
For apartments and flats, the number of risk factors is more extensive than for single occupant properties, and there are several key areas where CCTV is critical:
- Car parks – one of the most popular spots for thieves, car parks are often remote or detached from your property, and therefore exposed to criminal activity. CCTV in car parks deters intruders, prevents car thefts, and ensures the safety of your residents.
- Stairwells and lifts – stairwells can cause anxiety, especially during the hours of darkness, due to the lack of visibility from one floor to the next. CCTV is also ideally suited to lifts and can be monitored remotely as well as acting as an emergency back up in the event of a fire.
- Communal entrances – not every tenant is security conscious, and using CCTV surveillance around access points acts as a preventative measure. It is also an ideal way for residents to be able to screen visitors or workers before allowing access to the property.
While preventing criminal behaviour is the priority, even petty crimes such as vandalism can be extremely costly and frustrating to have to deal with.
Professional CCTV systems act as a strong deterrent, with potential intruders being aware that high-quality images are recording their every move.
Why Choose Cerberus?
We continue to lead the way in delivering innovative security systems, and with over 20 years of experience, has worked with some of the most respected organisations in the UK, including the government and emergency services.
We go the extra mile to deliver unique solutions – providing the right security solutions for your properties.
With accreditations from multiple professional bodies, including the coveted Gold Standard from the UK National Security Inspectorate, we combine leading technology and skill with a strong focus on customer care.
Contact us today and find out more about the CCTV options available to you. We can also provide CCTV maintenance services if you need them.